Davidson Fellows Scholarship 2024: The Davidson Fellows Scholarship is a prestigious award for high-achieving students who have completed a significant piece of work in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, literature, music, philosophy or outside the box.
- Dr Pepper Scholarship 2024: How To Apply and Deadline
- Idaho Opportunity Scholarship 2024: Apply Now!!!
- Wells Fargo Scholarship Program for People with Disabilities 2024: Apply Now!!!
- Palmetto Fellows Scholarship 2024: Apply Now!!!
- Scholarships for Left-Handed People in 2024: Apply Now!!!
- Michigan Achievement Scholarship 2024: Apply Now!
The scholarship offers $10,000, $25,000 or $50,000 scholarships to students who are 18 years old or younger and who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
Davidson Fellows Scholarship 2024: Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the Davidson Fellows Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a U.S. citizen residing in the United States, or a Permanent Resident of the United States residing in the United States, or be stationed overseas due to active U. S. military duty.
- You must be 18 or younger as of the application deadline, which is February 14, 2024.
- You must not be an employee, officer, director, or agent of the Davidson Institute or any of its affiliates, or any of the entities involved in the administration of the scholarship program.
- You must not be a current or former NCAA collegiate athlete, or a current or former professional athlete, in any sport.
- You must not have previously participated in any on-field competition at a college football conference championship game as part of the Davidson Fellows Scholarship program.
Application Process (How to Apply)
To apply for the Davidson Fellows Scholarship, you must follow these steps:
- Visit the Davidson Fellows Scholarship website and create an account.
- Upload a video that is no longer than one minute, in which you describe your goal and how you will use your education to make an impact. The video should be creative, inspiring, and original, and should showcase your personality and passion.
- Submit a significant piece of work that demonstrates your exceptional abilities and potential to make a positive contribution to society. The work must be in one of the following categories: Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Literature, Music, Philosophy, or Outside the Box.
- Provide two nominators who can attest to the quality and significance of your work. The nominators must be experts in the field related to your work, such as professors, researchers, mentors, or coaches.
- Complete the online application form and provide supporting documents, such as proof of age, residency, enrollment, and eligibility.
- The application deadline is 11:59 PM ET on February 14, 2024.
Davidson Fellows Scholarship 2024: Selection Process
The selection process for the Davidson Fellows Scholarship consists of two phases:
- Phase 1: The top 20 applicants from each of the five regions (ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12, and SEC) will be selected based on the number of votes they receive, the quality of their video, and their alignment with the scholarship’s goals and values. These 100 applicants will be notified by email or phone by October 18, 2024, and will be required to submit additional documents, such as proof of age, residency, enrollment, and eligibility. They will also be asked to answer some questions about their goal and how they plan to achieve it.
- Phase 2: The top four applicants from each region will be selected based on the same criteria as phase 1, as well as their responses to the questions. These 20 applicants will be notified by email or phone by November 1, 2024, and will be invited to participate in an on-field competition at a college football conference championship game on December 2 or 3, 2024. They will also receive a travel package that includes round-trip airfare, hotel accommodations, and ground transportation for themselves and one guest.
Competition and Prizes
The competition for the Davidson Fellows Scholarship will take place during halftime at the college football conference championship games. The finalists will be divided into two groups of two, and each group will compete against each other in a 30-second contest. The contestants will have to throw as many footballs as possible into a giant Dr Pepper can that is 10 feet away. The contestant with the most successful throws in each group will advance to the final round, where they will compete for the grand prize. The prizes for the Davidson Fellows Scholarship are as follows:
- Grand Prize: Five winners (one from each region) will receive $50,000 in tuition money, which can be used for any educational expenses, such as tuition, fees, books, supplies, room and board, and student loans. The winners will also be featured on the Davidson Institute website and social media channels, and will receive a trophy and a Dr Pepper branded merchandise package.
- Runner-Up Prize: Five winners (one from each region) will receive $25,000 in tuition money, which can be used for the same purposes as the grand prize. The winners will also receive a Dr Pepper branded merchandise package.
- Consolation Prize: Ten winners (two from each region) will receive $10,000 in tuition money, which can be used for the same purposes as the grand prize. The winners will also receive a Dr Pepper branded merchandise package.
Tips for Winning
To increase your chances of winning the Davidson Fellows Scholarship, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Make your video stand out from the crowd. Use your creativity, humor, and personality to showcase your goal and how you plan to achieve it. Be clear, concise, and compelling, and avoid any profanity, nudity, violence, or inappropriate content.
- Share your video with as many people as possible. Use your social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, to spread the word about your video and ask for votes. You can also email, text, or call your friends, family, classmates, and teachers, and ask them to support you. The more votes you get, the higher your chances of becoming a finalist.
- Choose a category that matches your strengths and interests. The Davidson Institute is looking for students whose projects are at, or close to, the college graduate level with a depth of knowledge in their particular area of study. This scholarship is not geared toward students at the novice level. See specific Scholarship Category Requirements for more details.
- Find reliable and qualified nominators who can vouch for your work. The nominators should be experts in the field related to your work, such as professors, researchers, mentors, or coaches. They should be able to provide specific and positive feedback on your work and its impact. They should also be willing to write a letter of recommendation and fill out an online evaluation form for you.
- Practice your throwing skills. If you are selected as a finalist, you will have to compete on the field at a college football game, where you will have to throw footballs into a giant Dr Pepper can. To prepare for this challenge, you should practice your throwing accuracy, speed, and stamina. You can use a regular football and a trash can, or any other similar objects, to simulate the competition. You can also watch videos of previous winners and learn from their techniques and strategies.
In conclusion, The Davidson Fellows Scholarship is a great opportunity for students who have a vision of how they want to change the world and who need financial assistance to pursue their education. The scholarship is easy to apply for, has no GPA or essay requirements, and offers a chance to win up to $50,000 in tuition money. If you are interested in applying for the Davidson Fellows Scholarship, you should visit the Davidson Fellows Scholarship website and submit your video and work before the deadline of February 14, 2024.
Frequently Asked Questions (F&Qs)
What is Davidson Fellows?
The Davidson Fellows is a prestigious scholarship program for gifted and high-achieving students1. Here are some key details about the program:
- Age Requirement: Applicants must be 18 years old or under.
- Residency Requirement: Applicants must be U.S. citizens residing in the United States, or Permanent Residents of the United States residing in the United States.
- Scholarship Amounts: The program awards scholarships of $50,000, $25,000, and $10,000.
- Application Categories: The categories for application include Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Literature, Music, Philosophy, and Outside the Box.
- Significant Work: Scholarships are awarded on the basis of significant work. This work should be an accomplishment that experts in the field recognize as meaningful and has the potential to make a positive contribution to society.
What colleges are in Davidson?
The town of Davidson, North Carolina, is home to Davidson College, a highly selective liberal arts college that is recognized for its rigorous academics and vibrant community. It offers a wide range of majors, minors, and programs. Davidson College is also known for its commitment to affordability, being the first liberal arts college to eliminate loans in financial aid packages through the Davidson Trust.